Who is the IpLastModifier of user private content deletion?

Siim Neljandik shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

When a user is deleted and their private content is deleted, who will be set as the IpLastModifier in the reportheader table?

All the best

Siim N

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Siim,

Thank you for getting in touch. If the private content is deleted the IpLastModifier does not change. The ID will be the same as the user who modified this last. This is the same if you migrate the content to another user.

I hope this clarifies this. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hello.

Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible somehow to differentiate if the report was deleted by the user or if it was removed with the private content deletion?

Thanks,

Siim

photo

Hi Siim,

When the user is deleted and the private content is selected the actual event is logged as the ID of the user, so in this case it shows the same id if the report was removed by the user or by Admin, however when the user is removed by Admin and private content was selected, then you would see a series sequential of events in the event table as such.

789695"REGISTRATION""DELETEUSER""20181024095344""2018-10-24"0"User=Paul Thornton,email=user@gmail.com,org=1"

7896813004"REPORT""RPTDELETE""20181024095344""2018-10-24"0"report=72343"

As you can see above, the userid (5 Admin in this case) deleted the user and the subsequent immediate rows below this show that the reports were also deleted.

If a user deletes the report then all you would see in the event table is (as an example)

7893213003"REPORT""RPTDELETE""20181024094001""2018-10-24"0"report=72332"

Does this make sense. If not please let me know.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hello,

It makes perfect sense and I have no further questions about it.

Thanks,

Siim

photo
photo

Hi Siim,

Thats excellent. I will close this off for now, but please keep in touch if you need further help.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file