Location variable in File Path for Extract from Delimited file for Transformation

Dieter Schmerlaib shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

I am wondering if there is a way to put a server_name like parmeter/configuration variable in the File Path for a File on Server for a Extract from delimited file Input step. See attached file for example

Thanks

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dieter,

Unfortunately there are no specific variables that can be used in yellowfin and the example you have provided would not work. There has been some discussion in the past for this to be an option, but I believe there has also been no movement on this and it was more targeted towards broadcasting and emails etc and not throughout Yellowfin such as the import facility. Is there a reason you need to do this?

Sincerely,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul, Yes we are an OEM so if I wanted to send/distrubute the same transformation to all our clients who use YF on premise and said if you format data in this format in a csv file called file1.csv file it would work for all of them if I could parameterise the location.

Regards Dieter

photo

Hi Dieter,

Makes sense to me. The only thing I could do from here is raise this as an idea with the Dev team and explain why it would be a good suggestion. Would you like me to do this for you?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Yes please

photo

Hi Dieter,

I have raised this as an idea with the Dev team. If there is any updates to this, I will let you know. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Regards,

Paul

photo

HI Paul no that's it thanks

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file