REST API datasource access filter?

Nick Eddy shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Looking to the future our IT department would like to use APIs to manage our data based on access level, language etc.

From what I have read, the current JSON connector can only handle static API calls - it can't accept dynamic header values such as YF user id?

Is there any further development of such JSON/API connectors planned in near future?

Regards,

Nick

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Nick,

it sounds to me like you are talking about Access Filters with the JSON connector. If this is the case then there are no plans at the moment, however it is a valid idea and so I would like to convert this Question into an Idea if that's OK with you. Please let me know.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Yes please add as idea.

Being able to pass user details to the API would allow the data returned to be restricted to that applicable to user.

This would be the minimum functionality required to make APIs viable as a data source.

Ideally the next step would be to create views that could be configured to point to specific endpoints.

Regards,

Nick

photo

OK Nick, have done so. And I will let you know whether the enhancement request is accepted or not when the product management team get around to reviewing it.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file