Bookmarks Pulling-In Default Filter Values

Jason Kaczmarek shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

If I save a bookmark on a report that has filters with default values, but I don't specify a value on the filters that have defaults, the bookmark gets saved with the default value, when it should really be empty.

Jason

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue. There was a bug that was resolved in version 7.4.6 that fixed behavior similar to what you are describing. May I ask what build you are running, and whether a software update would be feasible if applicable?

Regards,

Eric

photo

Eric,

I'm currently on 7.4.6

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the additional info! I've identified a task in progress in our system that aims to correct the following behavior:

Steps to replicate:

1. Create a parameter and assign it a default value in the view
  2. Create a report that uses this parameter
  3. Save the report as normal
  4. Open the report, change the parameter value, and hit Go
  5. Save the output as either a Snapshot or a Bookmark
  6. Open the Snapshot or Bookmark
  7. Notice the parameter's value has been reset to the default value set at the view

Can you confirm this is what you are experiencing? If so, I can attach this ticket to the task so our developers can work off the info you've given us. This bug is listed as High Priority.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

My situation is slightly different. My issue does not involve view parameters. I'm having an issue with normal field filters that get included in a bookmark, even though they were not selected at the time I created a bookmark.

Steps to replicate:

1. Create a report with field filter 1 (FF1) and field filter 2 (FF2)
  2. Set FF1 with a default value
  3. Run the report
  4. Remove FF1 from active report and set FF2 to what you want
  5. Apply filters
  6. Save bookmark
  7. Open bookmark
  8. FF2 will show correctly, but FF1 incorrectly comes in with the default value

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the steps to replicate, this is gold to our developers. I'm hopeful your issue falls under the "umbrella" of the issue they're already working on, but it's very possible this warrants an additional request. I'll connect with the development team and update this thread accordingly.

Best,

Eric

photo

Hi Jason,

We were able to replicate your issue and have created a new request to address this functionality. Our developers will be looking into a solution for this in future versions. Thanks again for the detailed information!

It looks like the report's "Filter Defaults" configuration is being applied as the report is run, which is why your bookmarks are being affected. In our testing, we were able to have the correct filtering applied by saving a snapshot as opposed to a bookmark, which uses static data rather than live data that forces the report to run. This may not meet your needs, but it may be an option as a workaround. You could also create a copy of your report without the default filter configuration and use that.

Regards,

Eric

photo

Hi Jason,

Just wanted to provide an update- this bug fix will be released with releases 7.4.10, 8.0.2, and 8.1.

"Tested & Confirmed Default filter values are not being implemented after being removed and bookmarked - then reloaded."

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

Thanks for the update.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Good news - 7.4.10 and the related fix for this issue has been released.

At some point would you be able to test to confirm things are working on your end with this upgrade?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Looks good on my end.

Thank you,

Jason

photo

Thanks for confirming for me Jason. Glad we were able to get this resolved for you!

I'll mark this ticket as Defect Fixed. Have a good one until next time!

Best Regards,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file