Prevent the Filter Reset Button from Running Report

Jason Kaczmarek shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

When I click on the filter Reset button, it does reset the filters, but it also re-runs the report. This doesn't work well when you have millions of rows of data. I believe it would make more sense to just reset the filters when you press the button. If the user wanted to run the report at that point, they could easily just click the Go button.

Jason

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jason,

the same as I suggested in your other Idea, if you set one of the filters to have a default value, then when you click the filter Reset button it wouldn't run a filterless report that returns millions of rows, instead it would run the report with your default filter value that would lessen the amount of rows in the result set.

Please let me know know what think of this suggestion.

regards,

David

photo

David,

Setting a default value would be a workaround, however, I feel like this is a bit odd on the end-user side. This would mean that you would likely have to delete a filter before entering what you need. Not the end of the world, but certainely not ideal.

The report I have in mind is set to not load on start. If a reset button is being clicked, wouldn't it make more sense to follow the initial load behavior?

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

I can definitely see the value of your idea - if Yellowfin would follow the meaning of the button label and just Reset that would be helpful for large reports.

If not that, then I guess the button label could be changed to "Reset And Run" just to warn the user they are about to retrieve millions of rows.

I have submitted your idea as an enhancement request (YFN-12655) and will notify you as to how its assessment goes in due course.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file