tabbed charts and drillthroughs to match

tabitha shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello.

Is there was of getting the drillthrough to only show the data from the tab you are viewing in a report that has tabs added to it using the sections feature?

At the moment I can get the drillthrough to still work but it will show me all the data for that field totalled across all the tabs not the data specific to that tabbed report.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Tabitha,

We have a pretty lengthy, yet very well-detailed Wiki entry that, if you follow to the T, you should be able to get this to work: Drill Through Reports.

Please read through this documentation and if you have any further questions, please reach out to your support contact at Deltek for further assistance.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I have tried this and the drill through just does not want to work on a column chart. It tells me there are incomplete filters but not what those filters are. I also have a problem with a tabbed pie chart. Unless I leave the delivery office in the section field on the drillthrough report when I press a field it wont just bring back the data for that tabbed information it brings all the data back for all the tabs on that particular piece of information.

I have spoken to deltek and they have advised this is not how they were expecting it to work and cant get it to work on a column chart. They suggested I come back you to as that is what they would do right now and as I have already asked the question it makes more sense then raising another question for the same topic. Hope this is ok.

photo

Hi Tabitha,

Two possibilitlies come to mind here. Referencing our entry on Drill Through Capability on Charts, you can see the following: "Ensure that the report drill through parameters and fields are the same that are used in your chart." So this is the first thing I'd recommend checking.

Next, if you look through the Supported Charts section linked within the above Wiki entry, you'll see that Vertical Column Charts that is using Time Series is not compatible with Drill Through. So the next question is are you using Time Series?

If this doesn't quite answer your question. Please respond with screenshots of your Related Content tab so I can see how your Drill Through is setup, as well as the Charts section, in addition to responses to the questions above.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Tabitha,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tabitha,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file