Trend in KPI Dashboard Tab

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi guys,

I've created a KPI Report, using two columns, whose one the columns is the year part of the date and other is the numeric metric I'm using to compare between the years.

The result in this report is condensed on the year of 2010 to the year of 2018. The year of 2018 is of course the year we're on, so is not yet finished and more results will come everyday until december 31, but when we look into the trend created by the KPI Dashboard Tab, the line drops in the very end, as if the trend for this year is to going down.

Is there any way to change this trend so it can calculate the results in a linear way?

I've atached some prints of the report so you guys can see at my point of view. The metric was growing year by year, and there's no point in drop just because the year results is not yet filled in the database. The trend should calculate a way to predict the results that is missing by that year using the results of the previous years.

Replies (2)

photo

Hey Renato,

Unfortunately the simple answer to this is no...this is because yellowfin is not a predictive analytics tool so can't base the rest of the year on past data results, the yellowfin platform is used to analyse data, dips, spikes and understand the trends as to why these dips/ spikes are occurring.

My apologies that this is not the response you were hoping for and i can understand the need for a predictive tool...if you have any further questions, please let me me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

No problem. I was wondering about this, because if I use the chart creation, the trend works fine there even when we don't have all the data.

Thanks anyway.

photo
photo

Hey Renato,

I'm going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you do have any further questions about this, please let me know and ill be happy to assist :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file