LDAP Group Parameter - Multiple Groups

Sebastian Vogt shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

The LDAP Group Parameter allows me to determine which LDAP Groups should be allowed access to Yellowfin.

It seems I'm only able to supply a single group here. Can we add the ability to provide multiple groups in this parameter?

Best Answer
photo

This feature has been implemented as of 7.4.10 and 8.0.2.

This works by putting in multiple LDAP Group DN's separated by "|".

Regards,

Ryan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for reaching out with your request. I've submitted this for review by our Development Team and will keep this post updated with further information regarding this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

thank you for submitting the idea to your Development Team. Did you get any feedback whether or when this enhancement can be implemented?

Thank you for your support!

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

This is currently submitted for review but I have not received any feedback on whether this would be implemented at this time. It's unlikely we'll see any feedback until after our 8.0 release, which is our current development focus.

Since the majority of clients are able to use a centralized group to make this work, I don't suspect we will prioritize the implementation of this particular Enhancement. I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for and am sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

I will keep this post updated as any further information is available.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

When this is reviewed please also review to have an option to set the path for the groups you want to see in YF.

In our case I had to set the base DNS to the very start of the tree as the OU=People and the OU=YF-groups were on the same level. And all other OU's (and groups below) were added to YF which was not what we wanted as YF presents only 1000 groups and we had a lot more.

I fixed this by adding and attribute to all the groups and applying a filter on it when I want to see them in YF but based on a path would be better as the servicedesk might forget to add the specific attribute to a group.

photo

This feature has been implemented as of 7.4.10 and 8.0.2.

This works by putting in multiple LDAP Group DN's separated by "|".

Regards,

Ryan

Replies have been locked on this page!