Add Ability to Set My Favorites as Entry Page

Jason Kaczmarek shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

There is a profile option to set your entry page to the Browse Page. It would be great if you could further specify to go to "My Favorites".

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. I do like this idea! In doing support tasks I don't use the My Favorites feature much, but upon thinking about it, when using the Yellowfin instance dedicated to internal communications, I've realized that My Favorites is one of, if not my most, visited pages since all the most pertinent reports and dashboards I have saved right there, so I definitely see and understand its potential usefulness. As such, I've gone ahead and logged an enhancement request for this in our internal tracking system. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike,

Has there been any traction with this? I had this same question and did a search in the community and found this. I also find this VERY useful!

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

This has not been selected for enhancement as of yet. I should note that it wasn't denied, however... it's currently in our backlog, and as such, is intended to be added at some point. I've gone ahead and noted your interest in this in the internal task.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello,

Since Mike is no longer with YF, is there a way to get a status of this idea? I am currently having to build dashboard landing pages, because the browse page is too overwhelming for some users... and dashboard on entry is too limited and accident prone (as in removing dashboards from "home").

Thanks

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

I hope all is well,

I have since assigned this ticket to myself for tracking purposes. Going forward there has been no movement with this idea raised, however I can chase this up to see if we can get movement if that helps? Let me know. Happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Zack,

I hope all is well,

I have chased this up with the development team although no updates as of yet. Going forward with this can I ask the impact of this and how much such feature would be needed/beneficial to your users. I only ask as this may be something we can chase/check up with your csm.

I look forward to your update.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark,

I will reference my previous comments...

"I am currently having to build dashboard landing pages, because the browse page is too overwhelming for some users."

It seems there should be more options for when a user logs in to Yellowfin than just Dashboards or Browse. Even for myself, when I log in I usually head to my favorites. We have developed almost a hundred different reports. To isolate the ones each user uses I have encouraged them to use "My Favorites." So, when most users log in, they immediately have to move the mouse and click -- wasted steps from an process analysis standpoint. Also, this would alleviate the need for everyone to have "Landing Dashboards," which as I said previously, is prone to user error.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing me with a detailed update of where you see this and how much of an importance said feature is to you and your users. With this and going forward I am going to pull in your CSM so that we can make them aware of this feature. Hopefully we can get some better answers to you with informing you of where we stand going forward.

I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I totally agree with Zack. This is a must in the coming release.

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for sharing your interest in this, I will make our team here at Yellowfin aware of this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I agree too

I understand that with larger things you have to pay intense attention to the resources needed.

But in this case we are technically talking about a new keyword 'favorite' for an existing key and a customized URL when calling YF. That's it.

All in all probably less than 60 minutes effort including test. I don't understand why everything is always discussed or left for years until the customer gives up.

You could so easily inspire your customers, too bad

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Stefan,

I hope all is well,

Thank you for your feedback on this, I have made our development team aware of your interest and your comments. Have a great week going forward.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Stefan,

I have since discussed this with the wider team and to confirm you are requesting that "new keyword 'favourite' for an existing key and a customised URL when calling YF" essentially setting your My Favourites as an Entry Page? I just want to double check this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Mark,

I don't mean to speak for Stefen, but the title of this idea is exactly that, "Add Ability to Set My Favorites as Entry Page". I believe a customized URL is essentially a functionality instrument that would get to what we all are asking for. He mentioned that, because this seems like an easy win for Yellowfin to add that functionality. 🤷‍♂

Thanks,
Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Thank you for having your input, it's a straight forward request form what I can see.

We want the My Favourites page as an option for the Entry Page when setting this up at Profile level;

bc0c174c1894dca88d3a0a63346c94bd

fd40ad85f7bc051634fbaf72cc0416b9

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Zack, Stefan and all involved,

I hope all is well,

Just to keep you all updated, we have made some good progress with this, of which I am hopeful we can have this implemented, however I can't confirm when. I will continue to keep you updated as and when I can.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file