Turn off shop names etc. in Google maps charts

Jesse White shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off the shop names and icons within a Google maps chart?

Screenshot attached

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for getting touch. Unfortunately this is not possible with Google map charts. The underlying map is controlled by Google and what they choose to display when we interact with it. Yellowfin (as with all users of Google maps) provide the overlapping data and present this on their map layer and there are no specific options to turn these (sometimes annoying) features.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Thanks for the quick response Paul.

I thought that would be the case but just wanted to make sure.

Jesse

photo

Hi Jesse,

No problems. I will close this off for now, but if you need further help, please get in touch or re-open this question.

Regards,

Paul

photo

As I have not made any map charts in YellowFin so this remark might be not correct but I know from other tools that the level of detail (shopnames) is different for each zoomlevel you define on a google map. Depending on what you want to show a lower zoomlevel might remove the shopnames?

Jeroen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Yes this is correct. As you zoom out the labels etc disappear and as you zoom in more relative details are provided by Google, so a lower zoom level would work, but if Jesse requires very localised zoom levels depending on the requirements, then this is unavoidable.

Regards,

Paul

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file