Opening report returns user to 'Browse' without error

Robert Sipe shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

A customer provided us screensharing of a report issue they are sporadically having.

1. User goes to Browse
  2. User selects report and clicks 'Open'
  3. Blue loading circle appears for a few moments
  4. Screen refreshes back to Browse
  5. No error is displayed and other reports work fine.

This doesn't affect all users however and we have not been able to replicate.

Without an on-screen error I'm at a loss. Are there some things we should look for to troubleshoot?

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch but I have a few questions.

Can you please provide the build version of 7.3 by going to URL://info.jsp and attach here.

You mention it does not do this for all users so does it just do it for a single user or a selection of users for the same report?

Does it do this on a specific single report or varied reports?

Does it do it on a specific PC, Browser and/or have they tried another browser or Cleared their browser cache?

If you can update me with the above, that would be great. In the mean time, what may help is if they see this happen (record the date/time exactly) and send through their yellowfin, jdbc and source logs for today to see if anything obvious is showing.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

We are on build 20180409. I will reach out to the customer to find out the other details.

Thanks,

Rob

photo

Hi Robert,

Just checking in to see if you have managed to get some more info on this?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Robert,

Just checking in to see if you have managed to get some more info on this or if you need any more help?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul - The browsers used are Chrome, Edge, Mozilla, Opera. Users have cleared their browser(s) cache but the problem persists.

It is happening with multiple reports, both in public folders and private folders where the user has read access - either directly or through an user group.

Rob

photo

Hi Robert,

Can you send me through the logs to look at to see if there is anything in there please?

Logs. yellowfin, catalina, jdbc, source logs (Yellowfin/appserver/logs)

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Robert,

I have not heard back from in regards to this issue or received any logs for me to review. Do you still have this issue or need further help?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Robert,

Hope you has a good weekend.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

photo

Hi Robert,

Just letting you know that I am going to close off this ticket as I have not heard back from you for some time. As usual please reach out to us if there was anything else we can help you with.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file