Automated Insights failing post upgrade to 7.4.7

Dean shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

Since the upgrade to 7.4.7, the 'Explain' feature is generating an 'Unable to perform analysis due to insufficient data' response. Running quick insights with dimensional data (across 30k+ rows and multiple columns) and a single measure fails, however, adding a second measure works but the response does not include any dimensional correlations even when selected.

It appears the explain / quick insight functions are not considering any descriptive attributes hence the error when running an analysis across a single metric. The 'Compare' feature does work on the same view however which suggests its either an upgrade or software issue.

Any ideas?

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for reaching out. After testing against 7.4.7 and a previous build of 7.4 I am indeed able to replicate this behavior:

7.4 Build 20180515:

/6cNzsAIIIAAAggggAACCCCAAAIIIIAAAgisSYBM0DVx0RgBBBBAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAABBBBAAAEESk2AIGiprRjzRQABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAABBBBAAIE1CRAEXRMXjRFAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAABBBBAAAEEEECg1AT+B4hHT6Y8TTd1AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

7.4.7:

/j9qxAojHk+OxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I've logged a defect in our internal tracking system and made note of your helpful notes here. Unfortunately I can't see a quick way around this as of right now aside from rolling back.

I'll keep you posted on updates regarding this as soon as they come in. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike.

photo

Hi Dean,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dean,

Just writing to inform you this has been marked as fixed and will be published in our next build, 7.4.8. Approximate ETA for that is December, but I'll let you know a more concrete date as the time gets closer.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update. How does this play out with the impending v8 release?

Best regards,

Dwan

photo

Hi Dean,

You're welcome. This fix will likely be included in the second build of v8.. not in the not-recommended-for-production initial release. But I've reached out to the devs to confirm and will get back to you.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Good stuff, appreciate you looking into this.

Best regards,

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

No problem. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dean,

I've received confirmation this should actually be included in the initial publication of v8.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Great news. Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing what's new in v8!

All the best,

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

You're welcome. Glad to hear it!

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Dean,

Just wanted to let you know that this task has now been completed and included in the latest 7.4.8 release.

You can download latest builds here.

Would love to get confirmation your issue has been resolved with the latest release, so please let me know how it all goes post update, and of course reach out if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Great news, thank for advising. I'll install 7.4.8 next week and will let you know my findings.

All the best.

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the update. Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file