GIS map grouping layering information?

tabitha shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Is there some guidance on how i can use the GIS bubble map to show our projects but each delivery office to be a different colour? I have looked through all the information i can find online and doesn't seem to do that. The closest i got was layers but i don't understand how to set those up properly and how they work.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Tabitha,

Thanks for reaching out. We do have some documentation on GIS Bubble Map's, but it's a bit outdated. Actually I see you're in 7.2, so it may still apply. Either way, you can reference that, if interested, here.

However, based on my understanding of what you're looking for here, it may not even be necessary. If I'm understanding correctly, what you want is each bubble to be colored based on the delivery office, correct?

If this is the case then I'd assume you have a Dimension for Delivery Office. As such, you'd just place that in the Color field of the GIS Bubble Map in the Charts Section.

As you can see in my example, I have 5 Regions, so I set my Region as the color and now each Region has a different color. Swap out Region with Delivery Office and you should be good to go:

/z8Dz8hyLSRhdQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Please let me know if this seems to be what you're looking for and whether you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi. I have tried that and it is still keeping the colour as the amount of items in that location rather than the office. Have I missed a step? Images attached. Thank you for your help.

photo

Hi Tabitha,

This is because you have the value as Count Delivery Office, which is making it be recognized as a numeric value, which then assigns a blend of 3-5 colors based on those counts from 0-5. If instead you pulled Delivery Office in without a Count aggregation, each value would be a completely distinct color.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Boom that works! Thank you

Thank you

Tabitha Grooby

Business Systems Manager

397aed773ee01b97ee1fe6ca6c39f5e0

Merrydale House,

Roydsdale Way,

Bradford - W. Yorkshire,

BD4 6SE

T: (01274) 474 080 D: (01274) 474081 M: 07964 027795

www.hbprojects.co.uk

99839c98069e5b6d9d0886e9f5df12079c0e6a9a51a68041638b008de359ebcf

Bradford| Livingston | Gatwick

Confidentiality Notice:-

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this message in error or there are problems with it, please notify the originator

immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure copying or alteration of this message and its attachments

is strictly forbidden.

Registered in UK|Number 3685752

Registered Address: Merrydale House, Roydsdale Way, Bradford BD4 6SE

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Sent: 27 September 2018 15:21

To: Tabitha Grooby <t.grooby@hbprojects.co.uk>

Subject: New Comment in "GIS map grouping layering information?"

photo

Hi Tabitha,

You're welcome! I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered then.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file