There is no link between Person and Broadcast in the Event Table

Mala shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

Hi ,

Iam trying to create a report from metadata to derive information who created the broadcast and when.

I do not see values in the IpSource of Event Table where EventCode is BROADCAST, hence there is no person information derived. Attached the screen shot for the same.

why is the IpSource '0'?

Thanks,

Mala

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Mala,

yes, at the moment that column is not being used, it is not a bug or anything, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

So, what you could do is to raise an "Idea" on this Community site, then if enough people vote for it, or our management think it's a good idea and it fits in with the current roadmap then it will be implemented.

In the meanwhile, why don't you use the UnitID column because this is BroadcastID in the ReportBroadcast, and then you can extract the IpLastModifier for that broadcast?

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would want to know who created this broadcast and not who modified it. I think Event Table IpSource should store the person information just like for other event code it stores.

Is this a bug?

Regards,

Mala

photo

Hi Mala,

no it is not a bug, it was just never implemented. So, I think you should go ahead and raise an "Idea" on this Community site to populate the IpSource column of the Event table when the EventTypeCode = 'BROADCAST'.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mala,

just letting you know that this Problem is being closed seeing as it was established that the issue at hand is not a bug but a good candidate for a Yellowfin Community Idea.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file