Copy calculated fields in reports

Ingo Klose shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello all,

I think it would be great to be able to copy and paste calculated fields. Especially usefull if you need to created many fields with similar formulas applied to differen source fields.

Is not necessary if we could copy and paste a formula into the editors text field.

Best regards,

Ingo

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Ingo,

What you're after is covered via the Freehand SQL calc fields.

There are no plans on supporting such a feature on the simple formula builder option, as it does not support freehand text, so copying/pasting will not be supported.

1bd587190bcc6147f979bb07227342bc

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

I explained it in the other topic I raised yesterday...Freehand SQL is not really an option for the business users, as they only see the logical names of the columns and have no direct access to the DB at times.

Like I said, being able to "just" freehand edit the formula in the "simple" formula builder would make the problem go away, too.

But since that is not possible it would be great to copy a calculated field and then edit the part that needs changing. (e.g. one column in a complicated case statement.

I guess it is the same reasoning as why the copy option that 7.3 offers for charts now was implemented. It just makes live a lot easier and adds to the usability of Yellowfin.

Best regards,

Ingo

photo

Sorry for the delay on this Ingo.

I understand what you're after, but at this point in time, no such feature is planned. Going to have to close this down, but we can re-open if we get more votes on this ;)

photo

Hi David, I hope you're doing well.

Any updates on this idea, version 10 still don't have?

Thanks!

Regards,

Evan

photo

Not as yet Evan, In terms of latest versions, they're accessible to all clients and can be downloaded via our support portal.

Please let me know if you had any other questions.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Great. Thanks a lot for update :)

Regards,

Evan

photo

Anytime

photo
photo

Any updates on this one?

photo

Hi Peter,

I've modified this idea slightly to better reflect the requirement.

So as of right now, you can copy calculated fields in the view builder:

cbb5136047afb8a556eaa231c6a66d2a

However we are yet to implement this at the report level.

While the idea has now been logged, there are no plans as yet to support this.

As with any request.. things can change based on our roadmap and client needs, so I can assure you if this changes I'll update this idea.

In the meantime your best option is to create view level calc fields, or use freehand calc fields.

Hope this gives you what you're after in the meantime and appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

David

photo

Thanks David,

Appreciate the prompt follow up, hopefully the report level functionality will be looked into at some point. Currently I don't have any access to the view creation menu.

Cheers,

Peter

photo

No problems Peter. Will keep you posted.

photo

Hi David,

are there any updates on this?

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Unfortunately no plans as yet. Sorry for the bad news.

I'll keep you posted on any updates though.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

okay, thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi David,

any updates on this one?

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi David,

any updates on this one?

Regards,

Evan

photo
photo

Hi David,

Has this request been reviewed or put in a roadmap yet? I think it would be very valuable to freehand in the simple formula builder.

Regards,
Zac

photo

Hi Zac,

I hope all is well,

Thank you for showing your interest in this. Because of this I have gone ahead and made our wider team aware that this is something you are interested in. No updates as of yet, but going forward I will update you as and when I can.

I hope this is ok and have a good rest of week.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file