Making a report a view but hiding from normal users

Ed Kilby shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I have had to make a report a view to enable me to build a report, working around an issue regarding multiple advanced functions, however I don't want this report view to be visible to a normal user, only the report built from it.

I can hide reports from display (Hidden) but I cant seem to do the same for the view. I have tried to restrict it's access through permissions, but that makes its child reporting locked down also.

Is there any way to make the view "Hidden" so users don't see it when they go to create a report?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Ed,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible. As you stated we CAN hide the view through the permissions, although this also locks down the child reports. I looked into this further and I did find this, would that assist in any way?

Let me your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark, no I don't think that would help as :

a) I assume the new report (select view) popup would still have it listed

b) I assume the left hand Browse menu would still allow you to see all

photo

Hi Ed,

Yes unfortunately this would be the case.

"Is there any way to make the view "Hidden" so users don't see it when they go to create a report?"

To be honest I don't think this is possible... in order to create a report we first must select the view we want to build the report on. Having this hidden will not take you through the steps to create your report.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Yeah, I was hoping that you could find the hidden view , right click -> "create report" instead for this scenario.

Regards

photo

Hi Ed,

Unfortunately this is not possible Ed, sorry about this. Would you mind if I go ahead and mark this Question as Answered?

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file