More than one Advanced Function Being used

Tiana B. shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am creating a notifications report that shows how many price notifications that we get from specific stores per day. I have already summed these up by day and have them ranked for the top 5 to show. Is there any way to get a % of total column as well that displays the % of the whole data set, not just the ones that are displayed?

Regards,

Tiana

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Tiana,

yes I was able to get the percentage of the grand total (i.e. of all stores, not just the top 5) by adding an append subquery and applying the Advanced Function called "Percentage of Total" to the price notifications metric. In other words, you will have the same column "Price Notifications" with the same Advanced Function "Percentage of Total" in both master and sub queries, however the one in the subquery will not be limited to the top 5 ranks:

/H96Otzi0uEgtAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I hope that helps your reporting requirements, please let me know how you get on with it.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I have tried to recreate what you have laid out above, but when I do it, I still get the percentage of just the Top 5. http://prntscr.com/ky3khq I am not sure if there is something wrong with the way I set up the view or the table, but I was either getting the % totals that matched the master query's % or just 20%.

Regards,

Tiana

photo

I have just tried again, and it seems to be working now. I think I may have had the columns in the wrong spot. Thank you!

photo

that's great news Tiana, thanks for letting me know.

And good on you for trying again!

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file