Can one show data series values with mouser over?

Rand Cufley shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I had thought that I'd seen in either a demo or tutorial video a way to show the value of a datapoint in a chart series when the user moused over the datapoint in the chart.

So if a user hovers over a point in a line chart, a tool tip appears with relevant information about the data point.

Is this a configuration setting for the chart instance? Or an overall setting?

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Rand,

Thanks for the message. It sounds like you're referring to tooltips. Is this image look like what you're hoping to see?

d0d0f5b70323ca7301c184b15caa16e7

If so, then I've got some good new for you! Tooltips are enabled by default, you shouldn't have to do anything to turn them on. Most charts have automatically generating tooltips, but a couple of them have specific tooltip configuration sections.

However, we have had some clients that have experienced issues viewing tooltips, but the problem is actually Chrome related. If you run into these problems or can't see tooltips at all, we recommend giving things a look in Firefox.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions on this.

Thanks!

-Cooner

photo

Thanks for the response.  Got it and will use another browser.

Is there a plan to have tooltips work in Chrome in a future release?

Rand Cufley

206 383 5895

randcufley@randcufley.com

On 9/20/2016 3:15 PM, Yellowfin Support Team wrote:

photo

Hi Rand,

No problem! Yellowfin tooltips should work in Chrome (my screenshot above was taken in Chrome). Each time that we've seen this, it ends up being a global Chrome issue where tooltips fail to display anywhere within the application. From the following site it looks like this is a known Chrome issue, but it's without a firm resolution:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=389380

Things that have worked for users in the past have included clearing the browser cache, updating, or reinstalling Chrome. I'm sorry that I don't have a better solution for you here, but this one is a bit out of our hands. Hopefully one of those methods will do the trick for you!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Got it.  Thanks for your help, I've give those methods a try.

Rand Cufley

Rand Cufley Consulting

206 383 5895

randcufley@randcufley.com

On 9/21/2016 9:25 AM, Yellowfin Support Team wrote:

Leave a Comment

Attach a file