Formatted Data in DD:HH:MM:SS Cannot be Displayed On Chart

Gifty Baah-Kpabitey shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hello, today I had a request that seems very similar to the Task ID #112816 Formatted Data in DD:HH:MM:SS Cannot be Displayed On Chart, Is there a way for me to see the status of this Task ID or for that matter any Task IDs that qualify as an enhancement request?

Thank you,

Xavier

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, at this time there isn't an easy way to see the current status of enhancements without asking the support team or your account manager for a quick status update. This visibility is something that has been requested many times by other customers and it is definitely an area that we are looking to improve upon.

The community should help in that regard, as the current plan is allow our customers to up vote ideas that they feel would be great additions to Yellowfin. If an idea garners enough community support, our product team will review the enhancement and weigh in. This process will be transparent to the community and should give everyone a better idea of which ideas are making the cut, and which ideas simply do not fall in line with our developmental road map.

Regarding the enhancement you mentioned (Task ID #112816)--not much has changed on this one as it has not yet been approved by our product team. I can say, that in 7.3 we will be focusing a lot of energy on improving the Yellowfin report/chart builder so this enhancement will likely be reviewed then.

Anyway, I hope this information has been helpful. If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to let me know!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Hello Dustin and lovely Yellowfin team,

are there any news concerning the Task ID #112816? Its been ages since this task was raised and I am again looking for a solution neither displaying numbers in seconds nor building an own js chart.

Best,

Phillip

photo

Hi Phillip,

Unfortunately no movement on the task and I've confirmed it's still the same in 7.4.

What I'm trying to get my head around though is how the chart will look and show the axis values.

Do you have an example of how you would like it to look? Just trying to work out if there is possibly another way to display what your'e after?

E.g. I know in the past I've used numeric charts to display days, hours/mins. See example below:

8f3fd7e0c0ab82e79a7558e1ce9366e9

Thanks,

David

photo

Hello David,

thanks for reaching out. I thought of having a bar chart with days on the x-axis and for example the average time on page as MM:SS on the y-axis. See also https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/any-news-concerning-the-task-id-112816

Best,

Phillip

photo
photo

I don’t think this was intended to me, was it?

Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:00 PM

To: Xavier Ona <xavier.ona@credibleinc.com>

Subject: New Comment in "Formatted Data in DD:HH:MM:SS Cannot be Displayed On Chart"

photo

Hi Xavier, it could be ;)

I'm trying to better understand the use-case here, and if a meter chart would work better?

Thx

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file