Layout question on aggregations.

Hugo Mendoza shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Can I remove rows from my report, but still keep the aggregated total. See the attached sample for details.

Replies (16)

photo

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for getting in touch. Do you have a few seconds to screen-share? If so please let me know what time works best for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Yes, I have time today. I am on the east coast, so maybe around 3 p.m., Est.

photo

Hi Hugo,

3pm EST sounds good. I will send you a ring central invitation now.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

See attached.

photo

Hi Hugo,

I am not entirely sure if this will work on your data, but I think that you should try creating a "Days between" pre-defined calculated field at the view level:

474df556104d7510b63de8695b47ed3e

Advanced functions typically will work on top of the final data set so they cannot apply any aggregation that is not already occurring. However, since this is working as a calculated field it may be able to achieve your goals. Please let me know if you have any luck or questions on this.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thank you, Nathan -- I will try this out.

photo

Hi Hugo,

Have you had any luck in resolving this?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for checking -- we were not able to find a solution via the View designer. It's a custom solution that we are working with -- might explain why.

photo

Hi Hugo,

Sorry to hear that. Would you be interested in scheduling a screen-share so that I can get a better idea of this specific case? If so please let me know what time works best for you. I am on the United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan, That would be great. I am busy this week -- maybe next week, Monday, if you have time?

photo

Hi Hugo,

Monday will work well. Let me know what time works best for you and I can send an invitation.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Is Monday at 4:00 p.m., Est. ok?

photo

Hi Hugo

Sounds good, I will send you an invitation shortly.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Hugo,

Any luck getting this to work?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Working on it -- we're seeing the possibilities now.

Thanks for following up - the virtual table is nice! We can close this out now, thank you very much!

photo

Glad to hear it Hugo. If you run into any issues, just respond and the case will be re-opened.

Regards,

Nathan

Closed Request Survey

Leave a Comment

Attach a file