Can the file date format be changed to YYYYMMDD?

Anna Villareal shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

When exporting a report, the date stamp is automatically appended as Month Day Year, ex. Sep 04 2018; can this be changed to append as YYYYMMDD, ex. 20180904?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately this is not an option that we have available at this point in time, but there has been an idea raised to get this added as a feature, but no ETA on this. The only way around this at the moment, would be to script something and look for any new files or perhaps specific format and then modify the filename. This could be achieved in Powershell or PERL/bash depending on OS

I will also add this ticket information to the idea with our DEV's in the mean time.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Thanks - do you have a link to the Idea you can share here? Otherwise, we can close this question.

photo

Hi Anna,

The link is not actually accessible from the Community as it is internal to our DEV team however, if you require a reference number then it is YFN-8785

I have changed this ticket to an IDEA also to keep an eye on.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Anna, why dont you use in the column Format the Date Format as Other and then customize as per you wish?

Files: anna.PNG
photo

Thanks Stefan - I am actually looking to change the format of the date appended to an outgoing broadcast, not the date within the file data. In the broadcast there is just the option to append the file date or not, but no options for changing the format at that level.

photo

Ah ok, now i get it. Havent tried but did you looked in Configuration -> Time & Date Setting -> Date Format ? There you have the Year/Month/Day, as said i havent tried but might do the trick for you

photo
photo

Hi Anna,

Just touching base again, I will reset this to back Idea logged and as mentioned will keep an eye on it. Thanks Stefan for your contribution and we always encourage others to help as this is a Community forum.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file