Vertical Alignment in Columns

Larry Beasley shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

We would like to have the option of vertically aligning columns at the top and right.

As it stands it only aligns in the middle with no option to change, therefore this is creating a lot of dead space and does not look tidy.

See picture below as an example of how it currently aligns data in columns (blanked data);

c547ee406e76254d49a7eeaba6ee63e2

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Larry,

I have raised this idea to the developers.

I will update you as soon the idea is implemented.

In the mean time please feel free to email us if you have any other questions or if you need any help.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Thanks for such a quick response. After the idea was submitted I thought that it would be nice if there was an unlimited textbox in the report’s meta information for CSS. Then I could have overridden the vertical alignment or even drastically change the look of the report. With a third-party license we’re really limited. That to me seems like the simpler solution. If the textbox contains data, load it as a style last and let it override. Kind of like how some WordPress themes gives that option.

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:45 PM

To: Larry Beasley <larry@larrybeasley.net>

Subject: New Comment in "Vertical Alignment in Columns"

photo

Hi Larry,

That's a good idea as well. It depends on what direction developers want to take.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Just wanted to know whether there is any update about this feature (vertical alignment)?

Thanks,

Gabriel

photo

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for following up on this enhancement. There is no update on this ticket for the moment.

I will update here once this is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

We see something similar in the crosstab report with multiple dimensions on the row. The first dimension is also centered vertically when aligned at the top looks a lot better.

Regards,Jeroen

photo

I thought this was in reference to Cross Tab. Yes. We really need the option to top align text, particularly in cross tab. Looks like this has been open for a year pending getting into a release? I struggle with this on every crosstab table. At a glance, you can see the text in the body of the table, but not the row labels to tell you what you're looking at.

photo

Thanks for your comments. I will update this request internally.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Thank you. I've been trying to edit my response but I can't post comments to this site in Chrome and when I edit in IE it won't save edits.

I wanted to clarity that we really need the option to top align text, for every table type for the Data rows/columns. In Cross Tab, this needs to be configurable for the left header columns as well. I could see wanting it in any header column, but the Cross Tab headers is what's getting me tangled up right now.

photo

Thanks Jess. I updated the task internally.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi team,

Is there any update for the implementation of a vertical column data alignment feature?

photo

Hi Rodrigo,

Not at this stage. I have noted your further interest in this enhancement on the internal task and will update you here if this does start to get some traction.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Any updates on this? It's surprising that vertical align isn't already an option for columns. It would be great to add that into a future release.

Thanks,Craig

photo

Hi Craig,

No progress with this, however if this needs escalating please let me know. I can have this discussed with the wider team and your CSM/Account Manager.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

No urgency, I just think it'd be a great feature. Just hoping it eventually makes it to the development roadmap.

photo

Actually Mark, I was looking at the release notes for 9.8 and see it looks like it's included! See bullet from 9.8 release:

• Added an option to the column formatting settings that allows the user to choose vertical alignment of text.

photo

Hi Craig,

I have just looked at this within 9.8.0.1 and we have the following options:

78c035f34313edc052e99849ea2d7151

Which gives the following results:

e18cf5b58312358049c0d2cb05bb8cef

Thus me thinking this has since been implemented although not marked off as Done within our ticket that sits with our development team.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I know this wasn't my original case, but yes, that's exactly it. We'll plan to install 9.8. Thanks!

photo

Hi Craig,

No problem. Enjoy your week ahead :-)

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file