Advanced function subquery in master query (bug?)

Richard M shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

I have a subquery and a master query. In my subquery I have calculated the Delta of price. In my master query I have made a calculated field called Copy of delta of price (see below, sorry it's in Dutch) where I want to see my subquery Delta of price so I can use it for another calculated field Price rise and Price drop.

/AxpNhVWHcHp3AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

However, as you can see below my calculated field (Copy of delta of price) in my master query simply shows the Price and not the advanced function I have used on it. What is going on here? (Bug?)

All help is really appreciated, really enjoy the BI tool so far. Hope my situation and the question is clear.

regards,

Richard

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Richard,

thank you for the screenshots and description which made the issue easy to understand and as a result I can see exactly what you are saying.

I'm not sure if the bug is that Yellowfin is losing the Advanced Function, or that Yellowfin shouldn't be showing an Advanced Function in the list of available fields for a calculated field if it can't actually show the Advanced Function result.

Either way, it's a bug and so I have raised product defect YFN-11950 so that it gets fixed.

My suggestion of a workaround so that you can make a copy in the main query of the subquery's Advanced Function column is to use the "Use As View" feature when you save the report, that way you can then create another report which can have a copy of the subquery Advanced Function (because it will no longer be in the subquery, there will just be a main query)

Thank you for alerting us to this.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

I'll use the 'Use as view' option as a solution for now. In my specific case it also tackles the other issue.

Thanks.

photo

Hi Richard,

that's great! It's a very handy feature and popular with our clients who have more complex reporting requirements than the average.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file