Bookmarking parameter values

Brendan Codrington shared this problem 7 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi, I've discovered when making a bookmark or snapshot of a report's filters or results respectively that it doesn't retain any changes to parameters. E.g. I have a parameter with a default of 20, and I run the report with it changed to 15. If I make a bookmark or snapshot with those filter values/results, and then apply that bookmark or snapshot the parameter reverts back to 20.

Is this expected behaviour for a parameter, and if so could it be enhanced so that changes are retained in bookmarks and snapshots, and then applied to the report being used in storyboards?

Thanks,

Brendan

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for getting in touch about this, apologies for the delayed response.

I've tested this on my end with the latest release of 7.2 (please let me know if you're on a different version), and can confirm the behavior that you're seeing. To my eyes, this is a bug, as I would expect that either a Snapshot or a Bookmark would retain exactly what's displayed at the time of saving. I have gone ahead and raised this as a defect in our system for our development team to take a look at. The reference ID for the defect is YFN-4921, hopefully they can resolve this one soon!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if there is anything else that we can do for you from Support.

Thanks!

-Conner

photo

Lovely, thanks for getting back to me Conner. Glad you think the same, looking forward to the resolution.

Cheers,

Brendan

photo

Brendan,

No problem! I'm internally subscribed to the defect, so I should receive automatic notifications whenever there is movement on it. I'll then pass any information on to you pronto.

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Conner, we noticed this bug as well (using 7.1 still and planning to upgrade to 7.3+ in the next few months). This is something we need to comply with a customer requirement. Can you provide an update? Can it be pushed into the roadmap?

Thanks,

Gadi

photo

Hi Gadi,

Thanks for doing a Community search before reaching out about this! From what I can see in our system, this bug is still awaiting to be assigned to a developer and as such, does not yet have a release ETA. I have gone ahead and bumped the priority on this to High, which should get it pushed through faster.

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Any updates on this bug? Need to find out its timeline and see if we can count on this getting fixed.

Thanks.

photo

Hi Gadi,

I just took a look at this, and this appears to still be awaiting assignment to a developer. I'll go ahead and shoot off a quick message to the powers that be to see if they can provide some kind of ETA for when this can get rolling. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Hi Brendan,

Just letting you know that this issue has now been fixed, and was included in the latest 7.4 release.

If you still have issues with this post upgrade, or if there was anything else you were after.

Please let me know.

Thanks,David

photo

Excellent, thanks David!

Brendan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file