Numeric values changed to different Display Format still shows un-formatted data in Charts

Phillip Lassen shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Hello Dustin and lovely Yellowfin team,

are there any news concerning the Task ID #112816? Its been ages since this task was raised and I am again looking for a solution neither displaying numbers in seconds nor building an own js chart.

Best,

Phillip

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for reaching out.

What version and build of Yellowfin are currently on? It looks like if I change formatting of a Timestamp field in latest build of 7.4, the chart displays the formatting properly:

/L0Gsm9QSe5wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

thank you for reaching out. The problem ist that seconds, which are formatted within the data to a DD:HH:MM:SS format, cannot be displayed on chart. The chart only shows seconds. We are not talking about a timetamp.

Best,

Phillip

photo

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for clarifying. This was marked as 'Not Planned' in the old forum there, as such it didn't survive the purge to our newer system. That said, this was a few years ago and I do think there's validity for this use case. Though I'd consider switching decimal values to HH:MM as quite a niche scenario, I can envision plenty of scenarios where users would want to show the formatted data, rather than the underlying data, on a chart. As such, I've re-raised an enhancement request for this in our current internal tracking system and have switched this to a community Idea item instead. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Example for others to see:

I formatted Numeric data to Days Hours Minutes Seconds:

/69mjMQz8GpAERiDQCFKqKtBEjfYkAESACISbwfwH3I8bKoSkFdgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Still shows the underlying numeric data in Charts section:

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

great, thank you! Thumbs up.

Best,

Phillip

photo

Hi Phillip,

You're welcome! I'll keep you posted on any potential future developments regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Philip,

I have an update for you - this has been marked with Medium priority and pushed to our backlog with the following comment: "We don't have any projects coming up where this naturally fits - so i can't give any estimate on timeframe at this point."

We all see value in this implementation, it's just that, as indicated above it's not a high priority item for the time being, but at least it's not dead! Sorry there's not better news in the immediate term, but I'll keep you posted on any potential future developments.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Phillip,

Just writing to let you know that the build containing this enhancement, 9.6 is now published.

For your convenience, here are a couple direct links for this build:

9.6: .jar / .exe

You can also download the latest full installers here.

Please download the update installer for the latest build and test and let us know if you run into any issues.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file