I removed a field in a datasource (postgres tables) that was used as a filter in a report.

jim fuller shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Now the report won't edit ...getting the following message

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jim,

I tried to reproduce this so that I could then try and find the best way forward for you, but I wasn't able to - my report with a filter that was deleted from the PostgreSQL table was still able to be edited! (please see attached video "filter_as_deletedColumn.mp4")

So this means that unfortunately because I don't have the same broken report over here, I can't give you an exact answer on how to proceed. But off the top of my head, I'm wondering if the cleanest way out of this would be to temporarily add the column back to the PostgreSQL table, then edit the report and remove the filter, then delete the column from the table. What do you think of this idea?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave, here's a pic of the yellowfin.log showing the error.

I noticed the entry style of the filter is set to cache values, according to the error. And that is correct since I set the filter values to be cached in the Format settings of the filter.

Also: The datasource was a multitable database source which was configured as 1 fact and 2 dimension tables with left joins to each. The problematic"retail" dimension exists on both dimension tables. The error occurred when I deselected the "retail" dimension from one dim table and selected the "retail" dimension from the other dim table, in the data source.

The odd thing is that it's fixed. When I tried to used the Edit action from the Reports browser, the report would never go into edit mode, YF just kind of flashed and did nothing. So I Used Open action and got to the Report viewer.. low and behold the Filter was back in working order. Something occured in that way of using the Edit action on the Report browser that resolved the issue.

I am now able to open the report. And you can close this out. Thanks for you help.

/ATH7idC1qkNWAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

photo

Hi Jim,

I must confess that I don't really know what happened there - how it got fixed, but I guess the main thing is that it did get fixed, as they say: "All's well that ends well!"

Thanks for keeping me updated, and the ticket will be closed as requested.

thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file