Can I specify the time for the Default Cache Period of the View?

Dim Pap shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

In the View performance options, there is the option regarding the ''Default Cache Period''. I would like to schedule it to 24 hours, so that we can have a refresh once a day as it is how often we load data in our data base.

If I set that to 24, what time will the data be refreshed? Can I specify the refresh to happen every day at 08.00 for example?

Thanks,

Dim

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Dim,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The time determined for a "Default Cache Period" will be based on the time it was last cached. This is visible in a report based on the particular view and will be shown in the top right-hand corner, as shown below.

a4c89836576fe6a075adc073ebd56f5c

Henceforth, having the "Default Cache Period" set at 24 hours, the next time this will be refreshed would be 10-04-2017 7:16 AEDT. At present, we don't have a configuration option to set this manually. If you were to save this configuration at or around 08.00, it should refresh every 24 hours on the time you've saved it.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Got it! Thanks Ryan.

Also, what does it mean if I don't see "Report Cached timestamp" on my report ? I've already configured to for 8 hours , ran my reports and I don't see it.

photo

Hi Chakra,

If you do not see the timestamp you can check for a clock icon under the browse folder in the left pane. If you don't see either, it means your report has not yet been cached. It's possible if you set it for 8 hours that the 8 hour mark hasn't hit yet. If you have issues please submit a new ticket or topic.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your quick replay. I don't see it under browser folder either. May be it didn't hit the 8 hour mark yet. However, I've changed it to 1 hour in our lower environment to see if it is working. I'll keep you posted accordingly.

Quick question, any impact on the system when caching the data? if there is a lot of data to cache. Also, is there a default cache size limit?

Thank you,

Chakra

photo

Hi Chakra,

I recommend reviewing this page on View Caching.

Whether this will have a system impact when caching data depends on many variables, so I'm afraid there's no easy yes or no to that question. There is not default cache size limit other than that limited by your disk space of your writable data source.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
photo

Hi Dim,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as answered, since I haven't heard back on it. If I've misunderstood your question, or if you still have further inquiries related to this, please don't hesitate to reply here.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file