How share one repor to two different folder?

Kalaiselvan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have one report, if i want to share /make it available in two different folder what i have to do?

eg

Report Name : Test Report

Folder A

Folder B

What i want, the test report should be available in both the folder (A & B), If i make any changes in the report the changes should be applied in both the folder. How can i achieve this requirement?

Thanks for your anticipation

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

There is currently no way to share/make available a single report into a different folder, which is done by design. When you save, you only have the option of selecting the one folder to save it to. You cannot make this available or appear in a different folder. Is there a reason you want to do this, perhaps we can come up with a different solution like prepare a couple of different basic reports and use the URL Link under Format options to point to the main Report?

ab207722af18e957488b5e61a293cc9d

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I have not heard back from for a little while on this ticket. Is there anything else you need or I can help with or are you okay for me to close this ticket off for now as you can always open it as required?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. I haven't checked your suggestion as you mentioned. I will check and will get back to you. Please hold on some time to close this one.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

No problems.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Just touching base again as I have not heard back from you in regards to this and checking in to see how things are going and if you need any further help?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I tried to test as per your suggestion, but it didn't work. I have created one report with one field and changed the format as you mentioned to link with another report, but in the report output i couldn't find any link or output of the linked report.

Could you please explain by steps, so that i can try from my end.

Also, can i log this as an idea?

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I have attached a quick video showing how to use the Link to URL. As you can see however that all the links in the column will point to the same report. So in the video, I am looking at Report 2, which links to Report 1 via the links within the column. This may not be what you are looking for but is the only option to get around having to clone reports into 2 folders and may assist you with what you need to achieve. Hopefully the Video explains this a little better.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response & video. This is seems to link the reports, but i am looking for if any way to share the reports with two folder. As you mentioned this is not possible. You can close this ticket. Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaislevan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will close off for now, but if you need further help, please keep in touch.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file