Dynamic offset in link to filter

Richard M shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Is it possible to use a dynamic offset? I currently have a subquery that is linked to the date filter of my master query. The date filter in the master query is there to select a start date and end date. I want my subquery to show data of the same period as master query but just the same period before that. So let's say I select a month in master query. Subquery should show me the data of the month before. If I select one week subquery shows week before, etcetera.

Thanks in advance!

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out. It is indeed possible to use a dynamic date offset in your filtering. I believe what you'd be looking for is this:

696805ab808b3dff291b43d3683fa9cf

In terms of how this interacts with your sub-queries and the rest of your report(s), that falls more in the realm of consulting. Support is generally here to assist with defective behavior, but we can certainly give you some pointers to get you headed in the right direction, so hopefully this helps!

Beyond this option, it may also be possible to accomplish what you're after via scripting a Freehand SQL Custom Query. Referring to this section:

4937452b3277ef58c991ed60549d47de

Hopefully one of these options gets you to what you're looking for.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if I can possibly assist further.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Richard,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Yes, sorry! Forgot to response. That indeed answered my question.

photo

Hi Richard,

No worries. Glad to help! I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered then.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file