Storyboard Export Charts overlapping

Tom Nealley shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

We are exporting to PDF Storyboard. It works well for 25 or our pages. However, one page overlaps charts with the subsequent page. I have adjusted borders on the canvasses in Reports as well in Storyboard, but this keeps occurring. I deleted both of these pages in Storyboard and then recreated them hoping that would resolve it. Still happening. Any ideas?

The three files show them as they show in Yellowfin, the third hoe they overlap after exporting to pdf.

Thank you!

Tom

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Tom,

Hope you've had a good week!

Unfortunately, i've managed to replicate this issue (attached PDF), and its a Bug :( however, i've now logged this to the devs and ill keep my eye on the progress of it, once i get an update on its status i'll let you know too! and thank you for questioning that!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Ok, thanks, Lesley. Look forward to the resolution.

Tom

photo

Hey Lesley - any update on the progress on this. Some type of timeframe range would be helpful to our planning. Thanks so much!

Tom

photo

Hi Tom,

I wanted to add some additional information on this ticket for you. At present we are unable to provide a time frame or ETA on this Defect. Storyboards will be replaced as of our release in 8.0 coming this fall. These will be replaced by Stories, which have been completely reworked.

Because of this fact, it's likely it will be some time before this Defect would be reviewed or fixed. Version 7.4.7 is already in regression and will be released over the next few weeks. The next release cycle after that will be the 8.0 launch. This would put any potential fix for this into the end of year time frame.

The good news is that it's likely Stories will not suffer the same Defect. And if it does, being a new feature, it would see fast action on any reported bugs. Moving to Stories on release is your best bet for a quick turn around on this behavior.

I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for and am sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thank you Ryan. I understand. I will stay in touch with Customer Support people on the timing of the 8.0 release.

Tom

photo

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep this topic updated with further information as it is available to me.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Tom,

Hope you've been well!

Just letting you know this product defect has been resolved via a whole StoryBoard re-work. By re-work I mean replaced !

Yellowfin Present provides you will all the functionality Story Boards had, though includes so much more flexibility (along with better PDF exports).

I would suggest testing out 9.3 to confirm this meets all your needs and if there was anything further you were after, please don't hesitate to reach out. We can also assist with upgrade planning.

Thanks,David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file