Show Totals from column in the first row

Guest shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Hi,

our customers have a wish to see the "Totals from column" in the first row. When you have many of rows some customers don't want to scroll down all the time. Then you have the opportunity to see this at the first row. It would be nice when you can implement this.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your idea. I've gone ahead and logged this enhancement request in our internal tracking system. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Carsten,

I've received an update regarding this: while this is not being entirely ruled out, it is going to be considered Low Priority so I can't see this being implemented any time in the near future.

That said, I'd like to offer up using the Report Summary feature as a potential workaround:

/P+XjiDE8AAnPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

If you click the highlighted icon towards the top right of the toolbar you can add a Report Summary, which would then result in something like what is seen in the second box highlighted above, which in this case is a Count of all the values in my 'dateint_int' column. Formatting options are a bit limited with this feature, and it does round to the nearest major unit, but this could plausibly be a valid workaround depending on your data set.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Is there no way to show ONLY the totals?

photo

Hi Tanya,

This depends on the overall setup of your report.

For example, if I have a report with a Dimension containing 5 values, and some Metrics, then I couldn't just display the Totals as each row has a corresponding value in each Column:

/AyB5kqYIXP3WAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

If I'm only using Metrics, then sure, you can see just totals:

If you have any other questions on this, please open a new trouble ticket, as this isn't in the scope of this Idea item.

Thanks,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file