conversion of varchar data type to datetime error

Vincent Beets shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Dear support,

I've placed a new column in my view and suddenly all my report do not work anymore; displaying an error that translates as 'the conversion of varchar-datatype to datetimme-datatype has resulted in a value out of reach' . Error message copied below.

Now, I've not changes any of the datatypes, the joins or any of the views attributes.

I've added a new column. The view is based on a sql-view and the column uses the sql-function row_number(). There should be no problem in adding this. What could have happened?

Kind regards,

Vincent

Error message:

/**************************************/

Fout bij het ​​ophalen van de resultaten

Een fout is opgetreden bij het ophalen van de resultaten uit de database.

The error message was: "De conversie van varchar-gegevenstype naar een datetime-gegevenstype heeft geresulteerd in een waarde buiten het bereik.".

Controleer a.u.b. de SQL syntax en probeer het opnieuw.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Vincent,

yes there should be no problem with using row_number(). Could you please give me the SQL for the column and also tell me which DBMS you are using, and also which version and build of Yellowfin you are using, and I will try and replicate the issue over here.

And could you please clarify the following "The view is based on a sql-view", do you mean that it is a Yellowfin Freehand SQL View, or perhaps instead you mean that at the database level you have a view that the Yellowfin view is based upon.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Vincent,

there's been no response in a month now, so I'm just checking up on how you got on with this business?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Sorry for not responding, I had forgotten about this topic.

The problem has been solved by manipulation of the backend view and so offering yellowfin the correct datatypes from the start.

Thanks,

Vincent

photo

Hi Vincent,

no worries, I'm just glad to hear that you have been able to resolve the problem.

Thanks for letting me know!

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file