Installing into MySQL 8

Yellowfin FAQ shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

I'm unable to install Yellowfin into MySQL 8.

a80dce17fcb41f7c3a09e36a3ac9b04a

Replies (2)

photo

This is a currently logged Defect with current version of Yellowfin. Luckily it's possible to work around this in the meantime.

Start by changing the Authentication Method of your MySQL service to Legacy Authentication. This can be done during install, or by re-running the installer to reconfigure the service:

917e0915357294681b840fedc4cf14f1

Once this is done, you'll want to download a copy of the attached driver and place it in the same folder as your installer jar. This process will only work with the jar installer. The following command will run the installer with the driver you have downloaded:

java -cp "mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.jar":yellowfin-7.4.6-20180508-full.jar com.hof.installer.Installer
Note that for Windows you will want to instead use:

java -cp mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.jar;yellowfin-7.4.6-20180508-full.jar com.hof.installer.Installer
Move through your installation as normal. Once completed, attempt to start Yellowfin. Give it some time to unpack the webapps folder and then stop Yellowfin.

Now we need to delete the mysql driver in the install folder, i.e. <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar.

Paste in the attached driver as a replacement.

Go ahead and start Yellowfin and you should be up and running!

We'll keep this post updated with further information regarding a fix in the installer for this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

This issue has now been fixed and included in the latest 8.0.2 release.

Change logs for the release are here.

Would love to get confirmation your issue has been resolved with the latest release, so please let me know how it all goes post update, and of course reach out if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file