frequency report / temp table?

Scott Buelter shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hello - I cant figure out how to create something like frequency report based upon transaction data. As an example, imagine if you wanted to know a "frequency" of purchases by day per customer. the goal would to get an output like this. 3 Customers have made 1 visit to the store, 2 have made 2 visits etc..

Here is the final goal (frequncy of visits)

6a922480608c2953703d62407d673d78

The raw data would be something like standard retail or eCommerce data simplified like this:

257587d8192498320e14eca2aeccea68

I can't figure out how to make a frequency report like this. I can create the first step which would probably be a Count of Visits by ID which may look like this. However then you would need to use this result set to then re-transform the data.

Any ideas would be really helpful!

Here is the intermediary table via excel:

0a06ececce4f1396136a39fcf93b6fd7

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching out. As this is a multi-step process, there is no easy way to achieve this within one report. A few options (all revolving around creating your intermediary table first):

• Display this information in a histogram using your intermediary table as the report data. A histogram will allow you to keep all of this information within one report, as the final count aggregation is done by the chart builder rather than within a table.
  • Create a view level virtual table out of your intermediary table (if you are going to be using this frequently in report this may be a good route)
  • Save your intermediary table as a view . You will then be able to create a second report on top of this and apply your aggregations as desired.

Please let me know if any of these solutions are relevant to your needs.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Scott,

Any luck on resolving this?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan...not 100% sure. We have been upgrading to 7.3 from 7.1 and have not successfully got this working....but I think your solution is a great one and I understand it.

photo

Hi Scott,

Would you be interested in scheduling a screenshare for this? If so, please let me know what time works best for you (I am in United States mountain time)

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Scott,

I am going to close this for now, but if you would like to schedule a time to get this working, just reply and the ticket will be re-opened.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Once we upgraded to YF 7.3, this is working great. Thank you.

Scott

photo

Glad to hear it Scott.

Regards,

Nathan

Closed Request Survey

Leave a Comment

Attach a file