WARN (TimeZoneConverter:convertObject) - localOrgTimeZone not available

Ricardo Jover shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I'm getting this warning more than 100 times per second. ( WARN (TimeZoneConverter:convertObject) - localOrgTimeZone not available )

Does anyone know how to deal with it ?

Every now and then I can also see the message:

WARN (MIReportGeneratorProcess:A) - Converter threw Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

The configured timezone is Etc/UTC

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please note that Yellowfin 7.1 is no longer being supported and 7.2 will not supported as of November.

Are you seeing performance issues with Yellowfin at the moment or are they just Warnings?

Have the errors always been there or has something changed recently?

We always recommend upgrading to the latest version of Yellowfin, which also adds more features and performance improvements. Is this something you can do?

If you do not want to see the WARNINGS you can also modify the log4j.properties file and adjust the log levels to OFF, however this will disable the logging. There are other levels you can set this to. A quick google search will provide various levels of logging for you. Please do not use DEBUG.

To change it, you can do this by editing the file : appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/log4j.properties and adjust. Please make sure you back this file up prior to editing in case you need to restore. A restart of Yellowfin maybe required.

# Set the default logging level to INFO, and log to console and application log file

log4j.rootCategory=OFF, cons, applog

# uncomment to set everything under com.hof to debug

log4j.category.com.hof=OFF

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Ricardo,

I have not heard back from you in regards to this ticket. Do you still need any further help with this or would you like me to close this off for now.?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

You can close the ticket. I will debug it and find a workaround.

Thanks,

Ricardo

photo

Thanks Ricardo. Let me know if you need anything else.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file