Row total Label

Venu Gopal K shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a tabular report as attached, is there any way to bring the Label like 'Total' or something as a label at row or column total?

Thank,s

Venu

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Venu,

Thanks for reaching out. It is possible to total your "Account" values, though the total value wouldn't appear there. Instead, it'd look like this:

/wMIbdaIYdV4QgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

To accomplish this, just click the arrow next to the the (in your case) Accounts tab, and turn on Row Totals:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for and if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Venu,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

HI,

But my requirement is not row total as per the Pivot table, i am looking for a row total where i have one dimension and one measure as Column (not as you mentioned in your screenshot).

I am looking for the row total as per the screenshot mentioned in my request.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

Is your request to have the total value from the measure displayed under the dimension value, like so?:

/Ae2kU1NCiaOsAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

If so, this is not possible. The only row total option here is to provide a count of values in the corresponding column:

/wdU9MFzslxIJgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Please clarify if this is what you're looking for and if it is, why this would be a desirable way to display your data, specifically vs. a Totals column, as this seems to be an unusual way to display report data.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for providing step by step process. But i want to display only a label like 'Total' at the place of 4(as per the screenshot provided by you).

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your reply. As stated in my previous responses, this is not possible to achieve... in other more detailed words, it is not possible to display the Column Total of <Column2> as the Column Total of <Column1>, and I cannot think of a reason this would be an easily read or desirable functionality. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks for your reply Mike.

My question very strait forward, when i created this ticket, i have attached a screenshot where i am looking for Label when i do some row total or average, i want to label it like Product Total or Item Total.

Now i understood, this functionality is not supported by Yellowfin. We can't put any label like Total or Product Total or something else.

photo

Hi Venu,

That is correct. This functionality is not supported by Yellowfin and will not be, as this certainly constitutes an edge case. One potential option would be to add a row at the data level in your Account column in your db that is the sum of the values of another column. Sorry there's not a simpler solution. Please let me know if we're okay to close this case.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Venu,

In order to accomplish what you want, you will need either a union or go with the row totals that Mike demonstrated. That is a cleaner option but a union (sub query) will give you the formatting that you are requesting. If you choose to go the subquery route, you will need the same exact filters and then link to the master query. Create a calculated field with the value 'Total' and summarize the data. In order to sort, you can create a reference code, choose custom sort and set everything to 0 which will then default to alpha and then create a code 'Total' with the value of 1. That will place 'Total' last. Another trick I used to use are fake heading tags. Choose HTML format for the column and make the account '<h100>'+account+'</h100>' and then set total as '<h101>Total</h101>'. The reference code is better in the long run. Hope this helps.

photo

And you want to highlight the row you can create a conditional format for when account = Total. You will have to do that for every column.

photo

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your input. These are some interesting outside the box suggestions here!

Venu,

Hopefully you find one of our suggestions helpful.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks for your quick response. The suggestions really good workaround solutions.

You can close this request.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

You're welcome. Happy to help. Thanks again Larry. I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

I know this is closed, but I would echo Venu's request to be able to provide a label that says "total" for the totals row. While you might think this is a one-off, I don't know of any financial, or other metric report that an executive or manager has ever asked for in any job I've worked where they didn't want to show a label indicating total or subtotal. Invoices also will usually have subtotal row headers and grand total row headers. I like the UNION idea as I do this natively in SQL and Crystal Reports all the time. But it gets sticky as soon as you want to do a UNION on top of a report that already have 2 append subqueries.

photo

Hello Craig,

I am going to move this over to an Idea so we can sort out what needs to be done here.

Here is the link to that. https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/row-total-label_1

Leave a Comment

Attach a file