Advanced Conditional Formatting on a Chart

Phillip Lassen shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello,

is saw the possibility to use conditional formatting for charts:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-conditional-formatting-for-bar-charts-thread-154912

I have tried to use the alert type advanced, but as soon as I switch from basic to advanced I cannot see the conditional formatting option in the chart view.

Is it even possible to use advanced alert types for chart formatting?

Best,

Phillip

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for reaching out. It is not currently possible to have Advanced Metric Conditional Format as Chart Color. As of now, the Basic Conditional Formatting option is compatible with charts, however. What I can do is submit an enhancement request to allow Advanced Metric Conditional Formatting as Chart Color. Would you like me to go ahead and create this enhancement request?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

thank you for your fast reply. That would be a great enhancement I think, to visualize the data even nicer for the customers. Please create this enhancement request for me.

Best,

Phillip

photo

Hi Phillip,

Great, thanks for your idea! I've gone ahead and created the enhancement request. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted in here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I would like to be able to format by comparison like a special colour in a bar graph to draw attention to the highest value.

photo

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll consider this a vote for this idea considering your suggestion fits within the confines of available features in the Advanced Conditional Formatting section. As such, I've added you as a Client in favor of this enhancement in our internal task.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello,

Thanks for the knowledge. actually, I am an assignment help provider but sometimes I would love to do some gardening.

photo

Thank you Mike.

Geoffrey Feldman O;brian

photo

Hi Geoffrey,

You're welcome.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Two things I have noticed about basic conditional formatting on charts. First, it appears that you can have conditional formatting in your table but not in your chart if you so choose but that you cannot have conditional formatting in a chart without doing so in the table. Two, it appears that the special color chosen for the chart has to be the same color for the table. Please correct me if I am missing something.

Geoffrey Feldman O;brian

photo

Hi Geoffrey,

If you don't want conditional formatting in the report itself, but still want to display the chart there are several methods to accomplish something similar to conditional formatting on charts themselves, though different charts vary in specific options. If you bring a Metric into the Color section on the Vertical Column chart for example, you can change the color based on automatically set bounds and a color scheme of your choosing, or by a range or center value:

This is how you would go about adjusting the look of a chart by itself.

Ultimately though, this is an enhancement request to add a feature to apply advanced conditional formatting options in the chart series settings, which is indeed not a current possibility. Please open a new trouble ticket if you have any further queries regarding this.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike

Any indication of when this enhancement will be added to a release / patch?

photo

Hi Jannie,

I've yet to hear anything on this. I've gone ahead and requested an update from the dev team.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for letting us know. I've gone ahead and added you to the client list in our internal enhancement request of those who'd like to see this functionality implemented in a future build.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

Please, add TietoEVRY to this client's list for the function as well.

Thanks,

Alexandra

photo

Hi Alexandria,

Thanks for reaching out and stating interest in this idea. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the client list of those who’d like to see this functionality implemented in our internal task.

Any potential updates will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Following up, has this feature been added? I am from TietoEvry.

photo

Also would like this feature...

photo

same!

photo

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input. Checking in again with the team regarding this one and the multitude of requests it has had. I'll let you know when I have an update.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file