Changing Main Dashboard for Our Users

Dor David Makmal shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hey !

I want to change the main dashboard for some of our users.

Meaning - once you add a dashboard as a tab, you can later control the location of the tabs, where the first tab would load first once you open the Dashboard section of yellowfin.

I've come to address all the users through the "Favorites" table through MSSQL and the MetaDB of yellowfin.

Is there an easy way to edit users' tab?

P.S. - Could that be a new idea for you guys, to control users down to the level of which tabs they have and what is the location of each tab?

Thanks !

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Dor,

Thanks for getting in touch in regards to changing the Main Dashboard. There is currently no easy function to change the order or what the user can see if the user already exists on the system. It sounds like you may already know the following, but you can certainly enable this feature for new users by changing the Group Default Dashboard when they login as per below. The members can be individual, group or role based.

ad8feec20f08e8f7c390dbc2a9c532ca

You can certainly share a dashboard to existing users / groups, but this will just append to their TAB list and unless you have the correct security enabled for the group or user they can just delete the TAB. However more information on preventing this can be found here.

Hopefully this provides a solution you can work with going forward, but in the mean time, I will raise this as an idea for future YF versions.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Dor,

I have now added this as an idea with our Dev Team. We do have a lot of requests for ideas and enhancements so If anything changes with this and they move forward with any implementations, I will let you know.

IDEA Reference: YFN-11630

photo

I guess I'll have to talk to them in order to change the order then.

I do want to ask you another question regarding this - Is there a way to extract information from the repository about the User Groups, and which dashboards (or Tabs) are assigned as default tabs for the users in the group?

Thank you Paul for your help and opening an idea of it !!

photo

Hi Dor,

Yes, I think this would be the best way forward. I have raised a separate ticket for your other question as this allows us to work on it individually and isolate problems easier when looking for information. If there is anything else in regards to this ticket please let me know.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file