Table Chart Type

Mark Whitehead shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

The ability to create charts that are tables with appropriate formatting of headers/columns/totals

There is no reason a Table Chart Type cannot exist

This is simply a type of Chart that has all Measures and Dimensions as Text

This would allow report developers to position Tables and Charts as required on a Canvas instead of the extremely limited Table at Top or Bottom

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Mark,

in fact, this is already possible in Yellowfin thanks to the feature called JavaScript Charts. The only thing is you'd have to be comfortable with working with javascript, or maybe you've got a developer who is. Certainly there already exists open source code for it, I just did a quick search and found the following:

D3 Simple Table Chart

So if you're up for some playing around with javascript, or know of a developer who is, then this is definitely the faster way to go to get a Table Chart in Yellowfin.

regards,

David

photo

Oh wow - that is interesting - thanks for that

One question - is this only for 7.4 version onwards

photo

No, it was introduced last year for 7.3 Plus (I forget which month though, about half-way through the year maybe)

photo

Thanks for this - it is certainly one method

However I feel YF definitely needs this as a native capability - its an issue we run across all the time - and JS Charts are not the ideal solution for this

photo

OK Mark, your request for a new type of chart has been lodged for the product team to assess.

photo

Hi Mark,

Just letting you know this is something we're planning for 8.1 with the new dashboard revamp.

Scheduled for later this year, and we will keep you posted on updates.

Thanks,

David

photo

Yay

Leave a Comment

Attach a file