Dashboards filters list of values

Bharath Kumar shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have created 3 reports and added them to dashboard tab. Have used analytic setup to linkthe filters.

I have followed the below link:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73Plus/Analytic+Setup#AnalyticSetup-LinkFilters

When I search for the list of values, I only see the values from the primary report.

Example: I have a field called 'Status' in 3 of my reports and I have used link filters to link them.

Status field in the filter displays list of values from primary report. I think it should display the list of values from the 3 reports as they are linked now.

Can you please confirm on the same. I am testing on 7.3 build.

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Bharath,

I can confirm that this is the specification for Analytic Setup: the report you select from the left panel called "Dashboard Reports" is considered to be the master report, and only its filter values are displayed and passed down to the linked reports.

Point no. 4 from the wiki article you referred to clarifies this:

I hope this clears up the subject matter.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks Dave, I have gone through this, I was expecting it to display the lov's from the other filters too as we have linked them.

So what you meant to say is only primary filter values are displayed and will be passed to the other reports?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

yes that's exactly what I meant to say (I couldn't have said it better myself!)

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file