Can't delete a group from User Access list for a private dashboard

Chantel Dennewald shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I accidentally added an existing group ("SuperUser") to my private dashboard via the "User Access" tab and now I can't delete or remove the group or its members.

I can add and remove individual users but only if they are NOT a member of the group that I accidentally added.

Replies (2)

photo

Sorry, it's via the Subscribe Tab on the Dashboard (not "User Access" as stated above)

photo

Hi Chantel,

Thanks for reaching out. I believe I was initially seeing what you are seeing. I added a user group "Test", then closed the dialog box and re-opened it and see the following:

/ARTQo8BiOjPHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I then deleted all users aside from myself in the Subscription Tab. Saved it and went back to edit and they were still there.

However, I did note that when I went to Tab Info after deleting these users, it was only myself, System Admin who had Security Access:

/YQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Also after doing it a few times it stopped re-appearing.

After doing this a couple times, when I go to edit the dashboard, add the Test group to subscription tab, save, go back to Edit, remove users from subscription tab, Save, go back to edit dashboard and head back into Subscriptions, the users are correctly no longer there.

Assuming the users are actually being removed when you click on Delete in the subscription tab, can you perhaps try this a couple more times and see whether this no longer occurs?

If what I've explained above is not what you're experiencing, can you expand on what behavior you are seeing in the application when attempting to delete users from the subscription tab? For example, are you clicking Delete and the user doesn't even change at all?

Also after removing users and savings, can you click into the Tab Info and look under Security to see whether or not the permissions you've set are actually being followed?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike,

yes, that is exactly what has happened! The tab info does display the correct subscription information so I suspect we have indeed experienced the same anomaly.

I will attempt the repeat-delete method you have described to see if that 'fixes' it.

Thanks for your help.

photo

Hi Chantel,

Great. I just want to reiterate that even if you head back into the Subscription Tab, as long as you see just yourself under Security in the Tab Info, it is in fact only allowing yourself access, so that's still something worth checking. Either way, please let me know how goes.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike,

Yeah, the info tab only showed myself and the eight other individuals I needed and not the Group or Group members. The fact that they were still showing in the subscriber list was more annoying (in trying to ID who *was legitimately* subscribed) and misleading than anything.

Anyway, after much playing around I got them to disappear from the subscriber list.

The way you suggested didn't seem to be working for me, and in the end I flipped it briefly to public, saved, back to private, saved and then each member of the group had been "dissociated" from the group (only in the context of the subscriber list). I then was able to delete them as individuals... though for some reason 6 of them didn't delete the first time and I needed to delete them again.

*Phew*

At least they're all gone now though. I'll be very careful in how I use groups in future!

Thanks again for your help :)

photo

Hi Chantel,

Interesting. You know what? I actually did briefly switch it from Public to Private and may have falsely attributed resolving this to just re-attempting a couple times rather than switching briefly from Public to Private, which I guess turns out to be the ultimate answer here.

Regardless, glad it's now sorted! Fortunately, it shouldn't be too difficult to be careful with using this feature, considering you have to dig through several menus to get to the screen where you'd set this up.

Considering you've gotten this sorted now, I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered then, but please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Cheers! Thanks Mike.

Kind Regards

Chantel

photo

Hi Chantel,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo