Delete Draft contents automatically

Kalaiselvan shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

This is regarding with the Draft report that created by the user. The Draft contents will not be deleted automatically unless the user delete the report manually.

It would be great if you create a clean-up job in order to reduce the no of draft/unused reports from the queue to avoid space consumption from the server.

For example, If we run job to delete the draft reports which is not used more then specific days (ie. 30 days, 60 days, 90 days etc). This patch to be run automatically and periodically.

Thanks Kalaiselvan

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thank you for the idea. I have raised this as an idea with our dev team. If this is implemented I will advise you accordingly.

Jira Reference : YFN-11667

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi

Do you know if this idea is implemented in any recent release?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

There have been notes placed onto this ticket, which reflect that they will be looking at this in the second half of the year. We might have some scripts in the mean time, which might be of use. Would you like me to source these for you?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I can use the sql: delete from reportheader where reportstatuscode = 'DRAFT'. If you have any apart from this, please share.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

This should be all that is required and there is no specific magic sql script :). I will follow up though on this idea once there is movement on this.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Any update on this idea?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hey Aruna,

I hope you are well!

I have picked up this idea and will follow up with the development team on the progress - I will update you once I know more

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Any update on this request?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hey Aruna,

I hope you are well :)

Yep we do have an update on this -

I can confirm that we have housekeeping as a confirmed roadmap item for next year. The plan is to at the very minimum, allow the execution/scheduling of housekeeping jobs from within Yellowfin - This should execute all the SQL that you would normally run manually

I can't provide an exact timeline for this, but aiming for mid/late 2022

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Is there any timeline for this?

Regards

Jinpal

photo

Hi Jinpal,

I've asked the developer team if we have an update and will let you know this week.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Jinpal,

I don't have any more information to share on this at the current time, but I do note that some SQL code was provided earlier in the ticket that can help remove draft reports.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file