Email error: Email failed: Failed to Save Text Entity for adhoc email

Justin Chalk shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi community!

I have recently setup a new instance of YF 7.4 Build: 20180313

We have built some reports and configured email accounts that appear to work fine on the test email function in the administration console.

When scheduling an email report I receive it OK.

When email a report manually I get an error message Email failed: Failed to Save Text Entity for adhoc email

I still receive the email but am worried about placing this into production with this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Justin

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Justin,

Firstly, I would say that if you successfully receive the email then there's nothing to worry about because there do exist places in the application where ghost "errors" occur even though things are actually working properly.

However, if it is on your mind then I will investigate it further. So far I have been unable to reproduce this error so now I must ask some questions of you.

When you say you email a report manually, do you mean that you manually click the "Run Now" button for a particular Report Broadcast job in the Schedule Management tool? Or do you mean that you click the Share button in the Report Menu and select the Email option and click Submit?

Then depending on which of the above 2 methods of manually emailing you are doing, could you please try the other method described above and see if the same error occurs?

Also, is it an Ad Hoc report (i.e. created from within the View Builder, clicking the Test button) or a regular saved report?

Are there any report security restraints at all? (e.g. is it a private report? )

What is the "Share Settings" --> "Email & Broadcast Security" setting? (Validated Users, All Users, Unsecure)

Sorry for all the questions, but hopefully this will be enough information for me to be able to reproduce the error. Speaking of such, is the actual error message in the UI or in the logs? If it's in the logs could you please send across the complete error complete with stack-trace.

thanks,

David

photo

Hi Justin,

just wondering how you are getting on with this?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Justin,

I haven't had a response from you in a month now, so I will close this ticket for the time being.

However, if you ever would like to re-open it then just add a new post to it and that will automatically put it back in the Support Team work list with the status of "In Progress"

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file