Webservice call to export dashboard as PDF

Stephen Van Rooyen shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Guys,

Is there a webservice call, similar to PDF report webservice call for dashboards that return the base64 string of the exported PDF report.

If so is it possible to send an example of such a webservice call.

Regards,

Stephen

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Stephen,

i believe i have found what you are looking for!

If you click here you'll be taken to the Yellowfin wiki which provides web service call samples.

hope this helps, if not let me know.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley-Anne,

Thanks for the response, but this does not give me what I requested.

Using the documentation/samples found her :

http://wiki.yellowfin.bi/display/USER74/Report+Format+Services

When i use the parameter "<reportRequest>PDF</reportRequest>" I get the report exported as a PDF.

What I am after is the same functionality for exporting a dashboard directly to pdf using a webservice, and if possible sample code of how to achieve it.

Hope this explains it.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

I hope you're well! so sorry to keep you waiting and for the confusion on my half, completely misread it!

Since your clarification i've had a word with one of the YF devs and unfortunately its not possible to export a dashboard pdf via web service calls.

however, there are 2 options you have

• You can export a PDF via the UI...(if that interests you?)
  • Or you could actually call a Co-Display report the same way as a regular report, except it will have multiple reports shown in the PDF, which looks similar to a dashboard. If you click here it will take you to the YF wiki on creating Co-Displays.

i hope this helps and again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley-Anne,

Thanks for the feedback, I have been looking at option 2 but it a bit of a tedious process trying to get the layout correctly.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

Hope you're well!

I've raised this idea - web service call to export a dashboard as PDF - to the developers. ill keep my eye on it and let you know any updates when i hear back.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley-Anne,

Thanks for that.

Regards,

Stephen

Leave a Comment

Attach a file