Is there anything other than ascending or descending on a Filter Sort

jim fuller shared this question 5 years ago
Completed

My filter values in a report are selected via a custom sql query, where I order values on an order by that is neither ascending nor descending. Again, its an order by I created as a way to sort values of the top 3 most used values.

Is there any way the filter box displayed in a report can honor the custom sort I've provided in my sql query?

I only have the option of Ascending or Descending...

I've tried reference codes, but I only need to make sure the top few values are listed first in the filter dialog, not the remainder of values seldom selected.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, this functionality is not currently available in Yellowfin. There is however an existing enhancement request for this. I've added you to the client list in our internal task of those who'd like to see this enhancement implemented. You can follow our public Idea ticket for this for future potential updates: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/apply-custom-sorting-to-cached-filter-values. Also feel free to throw in a vote or even a comment in support of the Idea there as this can help prompt action on this, or at least an update of some sort. Though not represented in that Idea ticket, there have been a couple other requests for this besides.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Much obliged. Please close this question.

photo

Hi Jim,

No problem. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Jim,

Just wanted to let you know this fix has been included in our 9.8.2 release

Add an option to not sort a custom SQL Query filter ASC or DESC but retain the sort sequence from the database query 

you can find release notes and downloads here -

https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/home

I'll mark this ticket as Completed at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file