FTP export permission issue

Bogdan Kiselitsa shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

We have one of our users attempting to set up an FTP export for a report, but when the CSV arrives at the FTP, the only content in the file is as follows:

No Access
You must be logged in to view this report.
This looks like a permissions issue, but it's not clear what the missing permission may be.

I've attached a screenshot of the role permission screen for the user in question, if that helps.

We do have a multicast license applied.

Regards,

Bogdan.

Replies (22)

photo

Hi, Any update on this?

We have one of our clients waiting on this functionality.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for reaching out. This is likely a security setting set at the report level. Is the Report Access for the corresponding report set to Private?

/xh6sBAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I'd also recommend checking the Distribution settings upon saving the report, specifically - ensuring Broadcast and Email is turned on, and under Email & Broadcast Security, that it's set to All Users or Unsecure, as I believe if it's set to Validated Users then the report can only be e-mailed to validated users and couldn't be accessed elsewhere.

Please check these settings and let me know what you come up with.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I've checked the report-level permissions now with results as follows:

Report Access -> Was set to "Public"

Distribution/Email and Broadcast Security -> Was set to "Validated Users" -> Changed it to "Unsecure"

We did another test at that point with the existing schedule, and unfortunately the same problem occurred.

Do we need to recreate the schedule after the change? Or is there some other setting to check?

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for sending that information over. I'd like to check a couple other things:

Does FTP broadcasting to a different file type work? Can you please test that?

Also, can you head into Administration > Schedule Management, click on the scheduled broadcast and send a screenshot of the message being generated for the corresponding broadcast schedule?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

We'll check what happens when we export a PDF.

I've attached the job status in Schedule Management, but it's just reporting Success.

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

Same problem with PDF export

Attached if you want to have a look.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your response and checking on these things. I'm going to set up a test FTP server to try and replicate this and get back to you on Monday.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike.

Were you able to replicate the issue?

photo

Hi Bogdan,

I've successfully tested an FTP Broadcast and all is working as it should:

/SKAAAIIIIAAAggggAACCCBwEgEOF06SSMJAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAABBBBAoJcAhwu95OkXAQQQQAABBBBAAAEEEEAAgZMIcLhwkkQSBgIIIIAAAggggAACCCCAAAK9BDhc6CVPvwgggAACCCCAAAIIIIAAAgicRIDDhZMkkjAQQAABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQQQ6CXA4UIvefpFAAEEEEAAAQQQQAABBBBA4CQCHC6cJJGEgQACCCCAAAIIIIAAAggggEAvAQ4XesnTLwIIIIAAAggggAACCCCAAAInEeBw4SSJJAwEEEAAAQQQQAABBBBAAAEEegn8AhII5CxH1U+1AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

At this point, I feel confident in saying this either relates to a permissions or maybe a licensing restriction.

Can you head into the Content Folders section of the Admin Console and check the security setting of the Content Folder your report lives in?

Can you send a snapshot of the Users corresponding Role settings found under Functions > General?

Can you also please append 'info.jsp' to your login URL (ex: localhost:8080/info.jsp) and send a snapshot of the Licence details? I'd just like to double-check these parameters.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

See attached screens.

I've been able to replicate the issue as an admin as well, so if there is some permission missing, it's affecting everyone.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for providing this information. Can you please re-attempt an FTP broadcast then send us over a compressed copy of your entire logs folder located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs ?

Can you also send a screenshot from the System Properties section of the info.jsp?

Also, are you able to export, share reports and do standard non-FTP broadcasts?

Beyond these questions, I am reaching out to my global colleagues to see if anyone's come across this before as I'm unable to find anything like this already logged. If the logs prove unhelpful and no one's seen anything like this before, I believe the next step will be to set up your environment locally to try and replicate this issue.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Yes, we can do everything but FTP exports. We've only recently upgraded to a multicast-capable license, so this is the first test.

I've attached the logs dir from the broadcast node. I reproduced the problem at about 13:16 today (26/7).

Also attached the whole info.jsp so you can see if there is anything useful.

Cheers,

Bogdan.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Sorry for the delay in response. I've been out sick since my last response.

Thank you for supplying the requested information. Attempting to reverse engineer and attempting an FTP broadcast with even highly restrictive permissions has proved unfruitful in my trying to replicate this. As such, I think it's time to being taking a look at the config db entries for these broadcasts. I'd like to compare my working one's with yours.

Can you please provide the following:

Run the FTP broadcast once more then head into your config db.

In the reportbroadcast table please sort by LastModifiedGMTDateTime, so we can ensure we're looking at the latest broadcast, and Copy the Row's values:

/B1wKjxPoLpXUAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The results should look something like this:

'115960', '115961', 'FTP', 'CSV', 'ftp.dlptest.com', '/', 'dlpuser@dlptest.com', 'ibGPaoxb8fNFA+NqefEvew==', 'TestFTP2', 'NO', NULL, NULL, '5', '20180730185342', '2018-07-30', '68022', '11950', 'YES', '0', 'LIST', 'NO', NULL, NULL, '0', '2018-07-30', '9999-12-31', 'BROADCAST', '2018-07-30 12:53:42', '0', NULL, '0', 'NONE', NULL

I'd like to compare what you're seeing with my working values.

Also please do the same as above except with the reportbroadcastresult table and sorting by BroadcastTimestamp time instead:

/Akr6PUQyLa2FAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This one you can simply send a screenshot of as it all fits on one screen, assuming you have a GUI interface to use to interact with your config db. Otherwise, please do same as above.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

See attached.

photo

Hi Bodan,

Thanks for supplying the requested info. I can't spot a single relevant difference between my reportbroadcast table and yours, and there's not a single discrepancy in the reportbroadcastresult tables, so I think that's a dead end here.

However, for some good news, I did find what appears to be a logged internal task for this issue, but it looks like the fix was only applied to 7.3. The issue that was logged here shows the same "No access..." etc. error message you've seen and only occurs with FTP Broadcasts.

I've reached out to the dev team to see if they can apply the fix for 7.4. I'll keep you posted with potential updates regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

That sounds promising, Mike, please keep me in the loop.

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

Just as an addendum as well, there is a significant business cost to us for not having this feature working as it's the last blocker for a client migration from another platform, so if you could escalate this with the dev team that would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your response. I've included your addendum and have set this to High priority in our internal task. I'll most assuredly keep you posted on any new developments regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Bogdan,

I've received an update from the dev team that this fix was actually applied to 7.4 on 16/04/18. You are currently on the 7.4 20180226 build.

Can you please update your version and let me know if this issue still persists?

You can download the latest build of Yellowfin here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Bogdan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for checking in.

We had some delays in confirming this due to the license in our dev environment, but I've just verified that this issue is fixed in 7.4.6.

You can close this ticket now. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

Excellent. Glad to hear it!

I'll go ahead and close this out then. Please don't hesitate to reach out with other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file