Exporting and Importing Dashboards

Kalaiselvan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

When i am trying to Export and Import the Dashboard, i couldn't find the filters that was available in the original dashboard. Is there anything need to modify after importing the Dashboards.

Also, How can i set default value (criteria) in the dashboard filter? Do i need set this on all the reports that linked to dashboard?

And Exporting and importing process will be the same for other contents also, like storyboard, KPI dashboard...?

Please advice.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Q: When i am trying to Export and Import the Dashboard, i couldn't find the filters that was available in the original dashboard. Is there anything need to modify after importing the Dashboards.

I have been unable to replicate this issue unless we were not exporting the reports & dashboards together.

E.g.

If we export just the dashboard (no reports) , and then replace another dashboard, all analytic setup is lost.

It’s also the same if you were to export the reports and then replace the reports on another dashboard. This is just how the import works. Is this what you are doing?

Q: Also, How can i set default value (criteria) in the dashboard filter? Do i need set this on all the reports that linked to dashboard?

Yes the default values are pulled in from the reports. You can select which filter you want on the dashboard as per below but the settings within the filter are done at the report level.

61632581fe6feb2c2a44252fb216af34

Q: And Exporting and importing process will be the same for other contents also, like storyboard, KPI dashboard...?

I am not 100% sure what you mean by the same process, however if you see these links below, it will take you to the right component for each.

To Export Reports / Dashboards

http://wiki.yellowfin.bi/display/USER74/Importing+or+Exporting+Data

To Export the storyboard this link will help

http://wiki.yellowfin.bi/display/USER74/Storyboard+Actions#StoryboardActions-Export

Hopefully this is helps answer the questions but please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Just touching base to see if this answered your query?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I have not heard back from you to see if this has resolved your enquiry. Can I assume all is okay and close off the ticket?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply. I got few clarification from your response. You can close this one.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

No problems. Please re-open if you still require further help.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file