Delete old Reports, Dashboard, etc. from Database

Guest shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

is it possible to delete old entries in the database. So the tables grows and grows. Is there an "delete function" that I can use. For example delete all reports/dashboards etc. where the status is on delete or archived?

So is there generally an cleanup job for the db to delete old datas?

Replies (5)

photo

HI Carsten,

There is no cleanup job for the DB and we cannot recommend deleting items directly out of the DB. but if you do, please ensure you back it up prior to removing any lines.

When a report/dashboard etc is deleted, it is flagged in the DB as deleted, and should not be accessible by anyone. It’s only an XML document which contains SQL, so it takes up little space.

Are you seeing large growth on your DB?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

so the size of DB is not important. My opinion is, that YF goes slower and slower. So i thought that it is maybe the size of some Tables, for example EventArchive with round about 3,200.000 rows. Have you got some Performance ideas?

photo

HI Carsten,

Unfortunately there is no easy answer to this question, as many things need to be taken into consideration.

Generally, when running a query in Yellowfin (e.g report loading) , this should take just as long as it would if you were to run this query directly against your database.

Everything in your environment affects the performance;

–PC hardware

–Number of users accessing it at one time

–Analytic Functions (these are done within Yellowfin and not at the database level)

–Browser speed (how much data needs to be loaded to display the report etc..)

–Memory allocated to the Yellowfin server (tomcat)

There are quite a few things you can do to speed up performance, such as view/report caching.

More information can be found within the admin guide (view caching) and even look at the general performance guide here.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi,

ok. I will look at that document. You can Close this issue

photo

HI Carsten,

Great. Please reach out if you need further help.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file