Can't map Custom Query Source from Default tenant when importing

Bogdan Kiselitsa shared this problem 5 years ago
Completed

Hi,

There appears to be a limitation when it comes to importing reports into a client tenant that make use of a data source in the default tenant. Only data source in that client tenant are available for mapping.

Example config

Default Tenant:

Data Source A

Report C

Client X:

Data Source B

Scenario

Custom Import of Report C into Client X.

Report C makes use of Custom Query Source of Data Source A from Default Tenant.

E.g. custom query on demand.

Expected Behaviour

Allow mapping of Custom Query Source to Data Source A or Data Source B.

"Match Linked Content" should automatically pick Data Source A.

Actual Behaviour

It's only possible to map Custom Query Source to Data Source B which is in Client X.

Please advice when this can be fixed. Right now we have to work around this problem every time by editing the report afterwards to fix the data source on the affected filters.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Bogdan,

I have found a defect already raised for this bug (YFN-5198) and it was fixed in February of this year.

So I'm hoping that the build of 7.4 you're using is pre-February! Because if it isn't then that means this is actually a separate issue, but if it is pre-February then please try updating to the latest build and seeing if that resolves the issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

We've tried to reproduce the problem now in our Dev environment with the latest 7.4, and it's still a problem for custom data sources as described above.

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

Hi Bogdan,

OK, I went about trying to replicate what you have described and eventually realised that I had misunderstood the original description, apologies for that!

Anyway I've got it now and have been able to replicate the issue and I agree with you that the Match Linked Content should be able to find the Default Org's Data Source that is configured in the export file, but currently it doesn't when imported into a Client Org.

So I have gone ahead and raised a defect (YFN-11558) so that this gets fixed.

Thanks for notifying us of this bug and apologies for the inconvenience caused by it.

regards,

David

photo

No worries Dave, thanks for that.

Regards,

Bogdan.

photo

you're welcome!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file