Report not showing data but the view is

Tara Wilson (new) shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

We just connected to a new data source and I am able to see the data while in the view under the model > view data tab. There are not source filters currently but when I go to create a report the results are not returned.

The logs say YF:2018-07-12 11:07:34: INFO (DBType:createJDBCInfo) - Unknown database type: driver=cdata.jdbc.mongodb.MongoDBDriver

I understand mongo is not supported but is this a common error? The data source connection is good, the view seems good, maybe I am just overlooking something?

Thanks!

Replies (9)

photo

I also noticed that the report will bring back the data if I use the freehand sql option, rather than drag and drop.

photo

Hi Tara,

I recently did a bit diving into the Mongo connection and have had quite good results with the ODBC driver. (Also it is free) Can you try to set this up using these instructions instead:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-connect-to-mongodb-from-yellowfin

It is worth noting that if you make changes to the collections you are using, you will need to run the REFRESH MAP command. I am currently looking for a way to get this into the application, but for now you can simply drag a virtual table into the view, type that command and hit validate (you will need to refresh after).

Nathan

photo

Interesting info on the refresh! I will review your docs and see what that entails. Thanks!

photo

Hi Tara,

Sounds good, let me know how it goes.

Nathan

photo

Is there a workaround for being on java version 8 on osx? I am getting the error described in your article but it appears that I have to downgrade java according to this: https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-connecting-to-odbc-source-in-yellowfin-installed-on-java-8-thread-200634

photo

Hi Nathan, When I try to run REFRESH MAP via virtual table it just gives an error. Is this normal?

SQL statement is invalid.

The error message returned from the database was:

[DataDirect][MongoDB JDBC Driver]No ResultSet set was produced.

photo

Hi Tara,

Yes that is normal. It is a bit of a hacky workaround and since the call just runs and doesnt return a dataset, Yellowfin fails at creating a virtual table for it. However it will still be executed so if you refresh the browser page, you should see the changes.

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan! That did what we needed to get things refreshed. Appreciate the tip..

photo

No problem! Closing this for now but let me know if you run into any other problems here.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file